The annual minimum wage for 5 states is going up on average by 31 cents. Effective January 2, 2012, the following states will see increases:
- Colorado: $7.36 to $7.64 per hour
- Montana: $7.35 to $7.65 per hour
- Ohio*: $7.40 to $7.70 per hour
- Oregon: $8.50 to $8.80 per hour
- Washington: $8.67 to $9.04 per hour
(*Employers in Ohio with gross annual revenues below $283,000 in 2012 can pay employees the federal rate of $7.25 per hour.)
In the next few weeks, Arizona, Florida, Missouri and Vermont are anticipated to also announce annual adjustments.